Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recipe for Indian Muslim wedding feast Brinjal (Aubergine) side dish?

I've attended weddings of my Muslim friends in Bangalore India and was served Brinjal (Aubergine) side dish along with the Biryani. I鈥檝e searched unsuccessfully to get this recipe without success. So, I guess what I鈥檓 looking for the authentic honest to goodness recipe.Recipe for Indian Muslim wedding feast Brinjal (Aubergine) side dish?
I love India cooking and not being familiar with the dish you seek I went searching. I located this recipe on Recipezaar.com. I plan to try it myself this week. The recipe has been rated by others with added comments. One person , from India posted comments on how they made this recipe more authentic. Worth your time too check it out.





Brinjal Sambal





1 large eggplant


2 tablespoons oil


1 onion, chopped finely


1 teaspoon ginger


1/2 teaspoon turmeric


4 canned tomatoes or 2 big fresh tomatoes, chopped


3-6 green chilies (depending on how hot you like it!)


1 cardamom


2 cloves





Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Slice egg plant in half and put in a baking dish and cover with foil.


Bake for about one hour until the egg plant looks grayish.


Scoop it out and set aside.


In a saucepan, heat oil and add onion.


Then add spices.


Cook for about 3 minutes.


Add tomatoes, chillies and egg plant and cook until the vegetables are cooked and you may need to add a little water as you're cooking it so that it doesn't get too dry

No comments:

Post a Comment